Wednesday, July 05, 2017

CAROLYN ARNOLD IS TODAY'S GUEST AUTHOR


Meet today’s guest, Carolyn Arnold.

She is an international bestselling and award-winning author, as well as a speaker, teacher, and inspirational mentor. She has four continuing fiction series and has written nearly thirty books. Both her female detective and FBI profiler series have been praised by those in law enforcement as being accurate and entertaining, leading her to adopt the trademark, POLICE PROCEDURALS RESPECTED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT™.

Today, she answers a few questions for us and gives us insight into her life and journey as a mystery author.

What motivated you to start writing?

I started as a teenager as a way of dealing with my emotions, and from there I wrote novella-length romances. However, it wasn’t until I was thirty that I wrote my first full-length novel. In fact, I’d been away from writing for thirteen years. Since 2006, though, my life changed and writing’s been a part of my daily life since then.

What keeps you going throughout the writing process?

Writing is something I love to do, but refining a story to publication it is a lot of hard work. What keeps me going is focusing on all the readers who love my books. They are why I keep writing. I want to entertain and inspire people and writing lets me do this.

What is the hardest part of writing?

I love the writing part and even the editing process, but I’d have to say that the latter takes a lot more focus, dedication, and hard work. You definitely have to be committed to a project to pay good money for editors and to read and then for you to rewrite a manuscript so many times that you lose count.

Please describe your work ethic as an author.

I have always viewed writing as something very important. Even before I made a dime with my writing, it was never a hobby. Once I decided to self-publish, I’ve always approached the industry with the respect and professionalism it deserves, and I have emulated the traditionally published market. Some authors will drink while they write or edit, but you would never catch me doing that!

How do you balance your work as an author with the other aspects of your life?

I have goals and deadlines, but on a daily basis, I go with the flow of life. If I’m stressed or get feeling overwhelmed, I’ll step back and see what needs to be adjusted in my schedule. Walking my beagle Max or taking him to the dog park, or visiting a beach (during the summer) helps me to step away and clear my mind as well. And, of course, I always make time to catch up with friends.


Netflix — A writer’s inspiration 

for a cozy mystery series

By Carolyn Arnold



Is it just me or is Netflix addicting? With an endless number of movies and television shows, and no commercials, us mere mortals don't stand a chance. And, I must say that I am happy they're around. In fact, there's one series of shows, I have enjoyed many a night. The show is better than warm milk (and doesn’t give me bad breath), but we'll have to become better acquainted before I give up what program I'm talking about. I also usually enjoy a bit of Netflix while I eat lunch, and during many of these, I was exposed to the television show Hart to Hart, which premiered in 1979.

Maybe you watched it on Netflix, as well, or know the show otherwise, but for those not familiar with it, Hart to Hart was about a self-made millionaire and his wife. They were both beautiful—inside and out—but murder was always around them. I fell in love with the couple and the interesting, yet light take on murder solving. This show inspired me to write the McKinley Mysteries—with twists thrown in, of course.

Meet Sean McKinley and Sara Cain. Two murder detectives working for Albany PD, who are partners on the job, but long to be far more than that. Unfortunately, love, it can complicate everything, and for these two, it's best they remain friends for the sake of their careers. But, what if, by some miracle they could both walk away from their day jobs... Would that be enough to change everything?

I’m tempting you to find out for yourself in The Day Job is Murder. Oh, and did I mention there’s a murder investigation sprinkled into this series introductory short story, too? Yep… Romance. Humor. Murder.

Enjoy!

Carolyn Arnold


Book Overview:


The bad guys aren't the only ones on his radar…

For Albany PD homicide detective Sean McKinley, catching killers is the easy part of his job. Working next to his beautiful partner, Sara Cain, is what’s difficult. It might have something to do with the fact that he’s fallen in love with her, though. Fortunately, she feels the same way about him. But she’s convinced they should just be friends.

If only there was some way to change her mind…

Available in e-book and paperback.Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Apple iBooks | Kobo | Google

For more retailer links visit: http://carolynarnold.net/the-day-job-is-murder.

About the McKinley Mysteries:


Romance. Humor. Murder. Are you looking for a murder mystery without all the graphic violence and foul language? Something that you can enjoy in an afternoon and walk away feeling good about afterward? How about a dash of humor and romance? If so, meet former detectives Sean and Sara McKinley. When a billionaire leaves them all his money, they no longer have to work, but they find themselves sticking to what they’re good at—solving murders. Undercover, off the books, and around the world, they’ll get to the bottom of things…and romance it up along the way.

This is the perfect book series for fans of Hart to HartCastleColomboMonkRockford FilesPsych, and Magnum PI.

Carolyn Arnold, Author

Carolyn Arnold is an international bestselling and award-winning author, as well as a speaker, teacher, and inspirational mentor. She has four continuing fiction series and has written nearly thirty books. Both her female detective and FBI profiler series have been praised by those in law enforcement as being accurate and entertaining, leading her to adopt the trademark, POLICE PROCEDURALS RESPECTED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT™.

Connect with CAROLYN ARNOLD Online:
Website | Twitter | Facebook

And don’t forget to sign up for her newsletter for up-to-date information on release and special offers at http://carolynarnold.net/newsletters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting

Caroline Clemmons said...

Carolyn, thank you for sharing with readers. This series sounds like something I'll enjoy tremendously.