Friday, October 28, 2016

THE UNEXPECTED BRIDE -- NEW RELEASE FROM CYNTHIA WOOLF

This is a week for friends. Today, Cynthia Woolf shares her new release, THE UNEXPECTED BRIDE, with readers. Cynthia and I have worked on several projects together, including the Surprise Brides, the Montana Sky Kindle World, and American Mail-Order Brides series. I’m so pleased she’s willing to be here now.

Blurb for THE UNEXPECTED BRIDE:

Alice Carter found herself a widow, her doctor husband murdered as he left the hospital where he worked. Alice, too, is a doctor and thought she wouldn’t have any trouble finding a position with the hospital where her husband had been so well regarded.

She was wrong. Seems no one wanted a female doctor, especially one in mourning. Seeing no other way out, Alice becomes a mail-order bride to a doctor in Hope’s Crossing in the Montana Territory.

Dr. Jeremiah Kilarney, needs help. He needs a nurse to assist him with his patients. Knowing he has to marry the woman or she’ll be inundated with marriage proposals from the lonely miners, he goes to Matchmaker & Co. Specifying his need for a nurse or someone willing to be trained as one, he’s surprised when Alice Carter, doctor, steps out of the stagecoach with her precocious daughter Melly.

Can Alice and Jeremiah have a future when ghosts from her past still hold her heart?
Hope's Crossing can be the answer to their future or the end of their dreams.

LINKS:




THE UNEXPECTED BRIDE Excerpt:
Alice, Melly and Doc went into the restaurant and Effie seated them at a table.
“What can I get for you three?”
“Just water for me, milk for Melly,” said Alice.
“Water for me, too, Effie,” said Doc.
“Sure thing. Be right back,” said the little woman.
After Effie left, Doc looked across the table at Alice. “All right what would you like to know, Mrs. Carter? Or may I call you Alice?”
“Alice is fine. Why are you still single at your age? Surely you’ve run across women of the marriageable variety.”
He lifted his eyebrows. “I’ve never had the time to court a woman before marrying her. That’s why I wanted a mail-order bride.”
“I thought you wanted a nurse and were to marry her only because you had to.”
“That’s true. You’re a nurse are you not?”
“No.”
“Well, I did also ask for someone willing to learn. Are you willing?”
“No.”
He rubbed his hands over his face. I must not be angry. “Then what was the point of you coming here? Surely not to marry me. There were probably a lot of more eligible men than me.”
Alice folded her hands on the table and aimed her violet gaze at Doc.
“I’m sorry for misleading you with the question about the nurse. Actually, I’m a doctor. I graduated from the Women’s Medical College of Pennsylvania and I want to practice medicine. As you know from the letter Miss Wyatt sent you, I lost my husband six months ago and have been unable to find a position in New York. I came here hoping my skills would help you and that we could work together.”
Doc’s eyes had widened when she first said she was a doctor then he narrowed them. A doctor? Not likely.

Cynthia Woolf, Author

Cynthia Woolf is the award winning and best-selling author of twenty-two historical western romance books and two short stories with more books on the way.

Cynthia loves writing and reading romance. Her first western romance TAME A WILD HEART, was inspired by the story her mother told her of meeting Cynthia’s father on a ranch in Creede, Colorado. Although TAME A WILD HEART takes place in Creede that is the only similarity between the stories. Her father was a cowboy not a bounty hunter and her mother was a nursemaid (called a nanny now) not the ranch owner. The ranch they met on is still there as part of the open space in Mineral County in southwestern Colorado.

Writing as CA Woolf she has six scifi, space opera romance titles. She calls them westerns in space.

Cynthia credits her wonderfully supportive husband Jim and her great critique partners for saving her sanity and allowing her to explore her creativity.



NEWSLETTER - http://bit.ly/1qBWhFQ




4 comments:

Caroline Clemmons said...

Cindy, thanks for sharing your new release with readers. I love your writing and am eager to read THE UNEXPECTED BRIDE. Best wishes for continued success!

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Saving sanity is way over rated.

Furthermore, I see the potential for a series here: The Unrepentant Bride, The Unapologetic Bride, The Unclaimed Bride, Etc.

woolfcindy said...

Caroline, thanks so much for having me here today.

Kevin, you have a wonderful sense of humor.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

It is huge....huge. The best humor. Everyone says so. I do. It is huge.