Wednesday, March 11, 2015

HAPPILY EVER AFTER FOR ME!

This is an uh-oh day. Since I slipped up and didn't have a blog ready, I've revised one from this time last year. Sorry, but I'll try to do a better job in the future.

Why do I write novels? Mostly because I can’t stop.☺  There have been a few times when I became discouraged with my career path and decided to quit writing. I couldn’t. It appears I HAVE to write, And I love reading books that end with happily-ever-after for the main characters.


Seriously, I believe romance offers hope to readers who face what seems like insurmountable problems in their own lives. Reading about characters who overcome challenges and achieve happily-ever-after offers readers the dream that they too can achieve their dreams. In fact, I say romance authors sell hope. Since I’m an eclectic reader, I’m an eclectic writer. I write paranormal, contemporary and historical romance. I've also written a couple of mysteries, one of which is a cozy mystery.

My cozy mystery, which also
has a happy ending

I write the kinds of stories I enjoy reading. As a theme, I want readers to find hope in my novels. Another theme is family in various forms, but always that family support one another--even if family is bonded friends or members of a town rather than blood relatives. Finally, I think a second chance/redemption is a continual theme. Don’t we all wish we had a second chance to right past wrong decisions?

The most redeemed hero,
a former con man

I want readers to sigh with pleasure at the outcome of the characters at the same time they’re sorry the book is ended. Also, I want readers to feel hopeful after one of my books. Let’s face it, I’m not Ken Follett and I don’t write books like PILLARS OF THE EARTH. I love Follett’s books, but that’s not at all what I want to write. Romances and cozy mysteries are what a lot of people call mind candy...novels intended to entertain and provide escape from worldly cares. Yep, that's for me. Otherwise, why not watch the evening news?

One of my big passions is genealogy and family history. I’ve always loved history, and learning about family brings history alive for me. My brother and I have compiled a book on my father’s family and hope to have it published next month. My dad is no longer living, but he had asked me to do this book, so my brother and I are trying to honor the request. I also love the old family photos and collected those for the book and for my own family. Both of my daughters are interested, so I’ve made copies for each of them and we’re placing them in acid free albums.

Thomas Linzy Clemmons
1810-1864


Another passion is browsing antique malls. My younger daughter and I used to have booths in a couple of antique malls, but the time required to maintain a good selection is too much for us. We loved it, though. If either of us won the lottery, that’s probably what my younger daughter would do with her life. In the meantime, my daughter has opened a booth in a mall where her friend has several booths. Maybe I should remember to buy a lottery ticket.

A favorite book that I
reread about once a year

My husband and I like to watch movies (thanks, Netflix!). Most of my free goof-off time is spent reading. My husband’s an avid reader, so some evenings we read instead of watching TV or a movie.

One of the movies we've seen so often
we know all the dialogue


I appreciate so much the readers who have told me they like my books and my writing! Positive feedback fuels my progress on the next book. I appreciate my family for their support and assistance. My husband maintains my website. Both daughters help in various ways. Every day I get to do what I love. Consider me a lucky woman living her own happily-ever-after!


Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments: