Tuesday, February 03, 2015

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! WE WON!

Jacquie Rogers and I are grateful to all y'all who rallied around and voted for MAIL-ORDER TANGLE for January Book of the Month at Long And Short Reviews! You are the greatest of readers and friends.



Jacquie and I had fun working out the linked plots for these two books, MAIL-ORDER PROMISE and MAIL-ORDER RUCKUS. Jacquie can't help being a pleasure--she is a vivacious, upbeat person. You may have heard us laughing when we talked on the phone about writing these books. 

Although she lives in the Seattle area now, Jacquie grew up in Idaho where her book is set. Although I lived in Southern California for seven years as a small child, I grew up in Texas, where all my books are set. Well, all my books except for one novella are set in Texas, LONG WAY HOME. Not all of them take place in the Lubbock area of West Texas.

In fact, only two are set in West Texas, HOME SWEET TEXAS HOME and BE MY GUEST. The Kincaid series is set in Central Texas in a fictional town about thirty miles from the State Capitol of Austin. The Stone Mountain series is set in the fictional town of Radford Crossing in the real Palo Pinto Mountains of North Central Texas. The McClintocks are near Bandera, MAIL-ORDER PROMISE is set near Bastrop in Central Texas.

Lake Bastrop

Bastrop is a lovely small city. When I first saw this town, I was captured by the picturesque setting. I'm glad Jacquie and I decided on that area for MAIL-ORDER TANGLE. Bastrop is on the Colorado River and has a historic shopping area on the main street. Lost Pines State Park is nearby. 

Enough about Jacquie and me. This post is really about YOU! Thank you to each of you who voted for us, read the book, and/or left a review! 

 

1 comment:

Chele aka hula girl said...

Congratulations! I got a little worried when I voted on February 1st. You and Jacquie were in 4th or 5th place. You both have a great fan base to pull ahead to first place! I am happy for you both. The blogger wrote a very nice review of your book.