Friday, May 30, 2014

SUMMER READING - WHAT'S ON YOUR LIST?

Anytime is reading time for me, but many people have more free time in summer. Schools are out, vacations roll around, and people relax by the sea or a pool. Even though I’m stuck in my pink writing cave, I love to read.

Recently, I read several of the new Prairie Rose Publishing anthologies. I know most of the authors who contribute to these collections, and each is an excellent author. You can’t go wrong with any of the works. LASSOING A BRIDE and LASSOING A GROOM are just released.

I love Amanda Quick/Jayne Ann Krentz, and recently finished her latest, OTHERWISE ENGAGED. As usual, her story captured my interest from the first page. I love her books.


Geri Foster has released WRONG GUY, the second of her Accidental Pleasures series. She’s also in the boxed set, SPICE BOX. In addition, don’t forget OUT OF THE PAST, the novella about Zoe in her Falcon series. I’m eagerly awaiting OUT OF THE DEPTHS, the next Falcon book for non-stop action and romance.

Another author I love is Loretta Chase. Her descriptions and characterization are amazing. I’ve preordered her VIXEN IN VELVET, the third in her trilogy of dressmaker sisters. The book will be released later in June.


Sylvia McDaniel has released DESPERATE, a delightful prequel novella to her new Lipstick and Lead series about the Mackenzie sisters who turn bounty hunter to save their home after their father’s death. I’m eagerly awaiting the first sister’s story, which will be about Meg.

For those who enjoy stories involving Native Armericans, Mary Adair has new covers for her Passion series and has added RAVEN’S PASSION. The other two in the series are PASSION’S VISION and PASSION’S PRICE. Mary’s husband is descended from James Adair, author of the definitive book on Cherokee in the 18th century. She used James Adair’s book in her research.



Kathy Shaw’s latest release is BLONDIE AND THE HITMAN, a Darla Bodecker mystery. This is a fun read with a sassy heroine and a dash of romance. Kathy’s wicked sense of humor always makes me smile.



On my TBR list are MY KIND OF CRAZY by Katie O’Sullivan; AGAINST THE WILD by Kat Martin; SHAME ON YOU by Tara Sivec; ON THE HOOK by Cindy Davis; MAIL ORDER MISFIT by Kirsten Osbourne; and A TEXAS CATTLE DRIVE by Andy Adams. Those should keep me busy reading for a while, right? But new releases by Carra Copelin,  Paty Jager, Kathy Ivans, Jacquie Rogers (she's included in the Prairie Rose antholgies), and others will keep me adding to the list.

To your TBR stack, I hope you’ll add GABE KINCAID and THE MOST UNSUITABLE COURTSHIP, if you haven’t already done so.

Here are the buy links:

GABE KINCAID, book four of the Kincaid series


THE MOST UNSUITABLE COURTSHIP, book three in the Kincaid series



At the end of June, I’ll be releasing FINDING MY TEXAS HOME, book two in the Texas Home series, linked to HOME SWEET TEXAS HOME. Please watch for the release. To be certain you are notified of each of my releases, contests, giveaways, and other news, please sign up for my newsletter at the top of the right sidebar.

What are you reading?


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jacquie Rogers said...

That's an excellent list of books! :)

Cheryl Pierson said...

Caroline, thanks for the mention of the Prairie Rose Publications anthologies! So glad you enjoyed them--and we have two more coming out in the next two weeks! Lassoing a Mail-Order Bride will be out on the 5th of June, (this coming Thursday!) and Cowboy Cravings (a bit spicier fare) will be released on June 12! You have put together a list of fantastic reading it looks like, and of course, I have to "point and click" over at Amazon and add to my growing TBR list--but that's what summer's for, right?
Cheryl